Accounts Payable (AP) is responsible for the efficient maintenance and processing all non-payroll disbursements for Winchester Public Schools (WPS). The Finance Department works closely with secretaries and bookkeepers, who process invoices for their school/department with budget holder approval, to ensure timely and accurate payment to vendors. AP checks are generally processed twice monthly. See the FY18 Schedule of Invoice Cut-Off Dates.
Accounts Payable maintains vendor records including adding new vendors, updating current vendors, and maintaining vendor files. A completed W-9 must be on file for all vendors. AP also reimburses WPS employees for travel and tuition and processes ST-12 (tax exempt forms) as necessary.
Reports for reconciling accounts payable disbursements are submitted for approval at each School Board Meeting. The School Board also approves WPS check and EFT registers.
For more information, please refer to the WPS Policy & Procedure Guide.
Please contact Patti Gromling at firstname.lastname@example.org or 540-667-4253 ext. 13135 with questions or vendor/payment inquires.
- Prior approval for reimbursement of travel and supplies must be obtained before expenses are incurred.
- All invoices and reimbursement requests must be approved by the appropriate budget holder before payment will be issued.
- Purchase orders must be completed for orders of $500 or more. Purchases of $1,500 or more also require 3 quotes.
- Purchase orders require budget holder approval before orders can be submitted to vendors.
- Purchasers are responsible for ensuring that sales tax is not charged/paid on orders.
- Sales tax WILL NOT be reimbursed for purchases of materials and supplies.
- Prior to traveling, a Professional Leave & Reimbursement Request form must be completed and approved by the budget holder.
- Be sure to retain all itemized receipts from travel expenses incurred during travel. There is a meal limit of $10 breakfast, $10 lunch and $25 for dinner including tips which are limited to 20%.
- A Professional Leave Reimbursement Voucher is to be completed upon return. Note that p-card and personal charges should be listed on separate forms.