Senior Checklist: Applying to Colleges
- Identify the colleges you want to apply to and create a list of important deadlines and criteria for the applications. Make sure you are applying for the Fall 2021 school year.
- If you need a recommendation for the application, ask for it personally and give your recommender a copy of your resume. For a counselor letter of recommendation, please complete the Counselor Letter of Rec Request so that your counselor can write an accurate recommendation letter for you. Please allow at least 2 weeks for your recommendation letter.
- Order your transcript from JHHS electronically on Parchment. For college or university transcript request, please order your transcript at least 2 weeks before your deadline.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PARCHMENT
- Why is Winchester Public Schools now using Parchment for transcript delivery?
- The majority of higher education institutions and verification agencies have transitioned to the use of electronic delivery of student credential information. In order to ensure that our current (and alumni students) receive the highest level of service for transcript delivery, we have partnered with Parchment for the delivery of all high school transcripts.
- How long will it take to process my transcript request?
- Typically it can take up to 7 business days for processing. Please allow additional processing time if you make your request during peak periods or when the district is closed.
- How can I check the status of my transcript request?
- You will always have immediate access to your online order status through your Parchment portal account and email notifications.
- What is the fee?
- Currently enrolled students: No Charge for Electronic delivery
- All Alumni, paper delivery, FedEx, overnight, etc…fees vary depending on service requested.
- What if I made a mistake while setting up my account?
- All requests will be checked for accuracy. Any inaccurate information may result in your order not being processed or cancelled. You will receive email notifications regarding your request status. Please respond promptly if additional information is required.
- How secure is my information?
- Parchment does not email transcripts/documents; rather it sends a secure link to the receiver. The receiver must log into his/her Parchment portal account to download the transcript/documents.
- What is the difference between an Official vs. Unofficial transcript?
- Official transcripts bear the school’s official seal and are delivered to the receiver stating “Official.” This is the most commonly requested transcript type and is used for college admissions, scholarships, employment verification, DMV application, Social Security application, citizenship applications, etc…
- Unofficial transcripts do not bear the school’s official seal and are not marked as “Official.” This type of transcript is generally used for personal records.
- Can I request a copy of my transcript be sent to me?
- In creating your Parchment account, your personal email (not your WPS school email) would be entered as the receiver of either an official transcript or the unofficial self-view transcript.
- Can I send my transcript to more than one destination?
- Yes. After you select your first destination in your Parchment account, you will select “Save and Add Another”.
- What if I have an unique ID or Tracking Number that needs to be included with my transcript?
- During the Parchment check-out, you can enter that information in Order Details under Application Tracking Number.
- How do I send my transcript to a third-party vendor (ie: employer, recruiter, education verification company, attorney, etc…)
- With your signed consent, the receiver can make a request on your behalf or you can enter the receivers’ email address so that they will receive a secure log-in link to download the document(s).
- You can request that the documents be delivered to yourself electronically or via mail (please note Parchment fee differences).
- No. A diploma is a commemoration of your achievement and is not a legal document. Official certification of your degree is made only through an official transcript.
- Two options – confirm with your receiver regarding their preferred option:
- Can I get a copy of my high school diploma?
- How do I get a copy my GED Certificate?
- Who do I contact for help?
TRANSCRIPT HOLD INQUIRIES OR QUESTIONS CONCERNING A TRANSCRIPT SHOULD BE MADE TO THE HIGH SCHOOL COUNSELING OFFICE.
Ask to speak with the Registrar, Mrs. Woods.