Registration Now Open!
Registration for our tuition-based Spanish Immersion Pre-K Program is now open.
How Do I Register?
Inquiries regarding enrollment for the Spanish Immersion Pre-K Program may be made by calling the principal, Mrs. Stephanie Downey, at Frederick Douglass Elementary @ 540-662-7656 or Mr. Jake Boula, Director of Elementary Instruction, @ 540-667-4253, ext. 12146.
What is Spanish Immersion?
Winchester Public Schools is pleased to offer a tuition-based, Spanish Immersion Pre-K Program. Through an exciting, engaging, and enriching environment, four-year old students learn content in Spanish. Following an immersion model, instruction is delivered mostly in English early in the year and 90% in Spanish after routines are established. Mrs. Yasiria Rodriguez is the Spanish Immersion Pre-K Program teacher at FDES. The class follows the WPS calendar, a 180-day schedule from mid-August to late May. A limited number of reduced-tuition spaces are available for children of employees of Winchester Public Schools or the City of Winchester. The cost for WPS and City of Winchester employees is $495.00 per month. Regular cost is $695.00 per month.
5 Reasons to Love Spanish Immersion...
• It CHALLENGES. It provides an enriching learning environment.
• It builds BRAIN POWER. Students become better at problem solving, planning, and focusing.
• SUCCESS is a result. Students show greater achievement in all subject areas.
• It builds GLOBAL perspectives. Students have a greater cultural awareness and respect.
• Kids are HAPPY! They love learning a second language!