GQES will be collecting ALL student Chromebooks. Students should turn in their WPS Chromebook, charger, and black bag (only provided to hybrid students) to the school before June 22.
K-2 Hybrid Students should bring their WPS Chromebook, charger, and black bag to school and turn these materials in to their homeroom teachers as soon as possible.
3-4 Hybrid Students should currently have their bring their WPS Chromebook, charger, and black bag to school. If their device is at home please turn these materials in to their homeroom teachers as soon as possible. All items will be collected on Thursday, June 17 after the majority of students are finished with SOL testing.
K-4th Grade 100% Distance Learning Students should bring their WPS Chromebook and charger to the school on Tuesday, June 22nd between 8 - 12 pm.
Please remove any personal belongings from the black bag and clean the Chromebook prior to turning the device into the school.
Here are directions on how to clean your student Chromebook.
1. Unplug and shut down your Chromebook.
2. Wring out a Clorox wipe (or other disinfecting wipe), to remove excess liquid.
3. Gently wipe the outside of the Chromebook, keyboard, and screen with the disinfecting wipe.
4. After everything is dry, use a dry microfiber cloth OR a microfiber cloth lightly sprayed with screen cleaner to remove the film left by the disinfecting wipe from the screen.
5. Do NOT spray any cleaning solution directly onto your Chromebook.
6. Do NOT use Bleach, Rubbing Alcohol, or other harsh cleaning formulas.
7. Do NOT use abrasive cleaning brushes or pads, as they may scratch the screen.
If there is anything wrong with the Chromebook, please include a note explaining the issue.