Mrs. Place has been teaching at Daniel Morgan Middle school for the last 22 years. She attended Anderson College in Anderson, Indiana, where she received a bachelors degree in Social Work. She attended Ball State University in Muncie, Indiana for her Master's degree in Special Education.
She lives in West Virginia with her husband in a forestry farm with their dog named Mosby. They have 6 children, four away from home and two in college.
PRIDE ROOM Syllabus
Contact Information-Emails are preferred DMMS (540) 667-7171 ext. 75109
Carmen Place email@example.com
Christine McNelis firstname.lastname@example.org
DMMS Pride Room:
- 1:1 and small group assistance with assignments and skills
- A quiet space for students to
- Overview of the Student Support Room
- The DMMS Pride Room is a space students can go for a variety of reasons. Services the Pride Room provide include the following:
- Coaching and academic counseling to assist with student success
- Grade and work checks
- Goal setting for student achievement
- Provide accommodations for in class work and/or assessments
- Remediation on a targeted skill
- A quiet and calm environment for a student to calm down
- Provide a “break” space for students
- Targeted social skills instruction, as needed
- Others, as appropriate
Staffing of the Pride Room
The Pride Room will be staffed throughout the day by a highly qualified Special Education Teacher. Mrs. Place and Ms. McNelis will be able to provide full support to students as needed.
Students in Attendance
While the Pride Room space is specifically designed for students with IEPs. At this time we are not able to offer the service to students without IEPs. The space is designed to increase student achievement, while providing academic, social, and behavioral support to students.
Referrals to the Pride Room
Referrals can be long term or temporary. In some cases, a plan may be developed for a consistent check in for a student. Students may also request to go to the Pride Room to complete work.