School Visitors and School Security
John Kerr has a security camera the the front entrance to the school.
Upon arrival, guests should do the following:
- All visitors must report to the office upon entering the building during the day and after hours.
- Press the buzzer and state the name of the adult and the child that attends the school.
- One family at a time will be let into the school. If someone else is in the front office, families will be asked to wait outside or in the vestibule.
- Once families arrive in the office, they will address office staff with their reason for coming.
- Due to COVID-19 procedures, visitors will not be allowed in the building other than the front office.
- After the tardy bell rings at 7:45 AM, students and parents will be admitted by office personnel.
- Parents must accompany their children if they are late in the morning to sign them in.
- All visitors must sign-in to the Raptor system in the main office and provide identification when using the system for the first time.
- This procedure will allow office personnel to assist visitors to the school and maintain a safe environment for our students.
Visitor parking spaces are available. Cars are not to be left unattended in the drop-off zone and the fire lane is not to be used for traffic or parking of any kind unless under the direct supervision of the administration.